Mrs. Muffins's Note:
I made this recipe from a combination of other recipes. This meal is perfect for a beginner cook or someone who just doesn't have the time to measure out a bunch of ingredients. You can also add shrimp during the final minutes of cooking if you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut chicken and sausage into 1 inch. bite sizes.
- 2Place onion and meats in a large pot, brown.
- 3Add canned tomatoes, Zattarain's and chicken broth in place of the water called for in the Jambalaya mix.
- 4Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, longer if you like to let flavors mesh.
- 5Add hot sauce if you desire, although this stuff is already spicy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy and Delicious Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.4
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 66.4 mg
- Sodium 912.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 22.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
zatarain's jambalaya mix