The short of the story: These are hot wings that fall off the bone. Some people do NOT like it when the wings are "wet" and these are definitely wet and drippy... but man, are they ever delicious! I buy the very large chicken wings for this recipe, the biggest ones I can find. Great for Superbowl Sunday. Enjoy!
- Preheat your oven to 300-degrees F.
- Spray the inside of a Dutch oven or roaster with the cooking spray.
- Cut the wing joints apart and discard the tips or use them to make stock. Put the "peglegs" and wings in the Dutch oven, pour the wing sauce over them, add in the butter and dust all this with the black pepper.
- Stir, cover, and bake for 3 hours, carefully stirring every 45 minutes -- I use a wooden spoon.
- Serve the drained wings on a large platter at the end of the three hours and offer additional hot sauce (mostly for color) at the table. Hand out plenty of paper towels -- your guests will need them!