Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Black-eyed peas made into a wonderful bean salsa! Great for New Year's!
Make and share this Dixie Caviar recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (15 7/8 ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 medium plum tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 medium green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup bottled Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic frezzer bag. Seal bag, and chill for 24 hours. Drain.
- Spoon into a serving bowl and top with sour cream. Serve with tortilla chips.