1/1 Photo of Dirty Rice and Beans
2 hrs 30 mins
Kendra PeloJoaquin's Note:
I invented this version of dirty rice to accompany my husbands fantastic ribs. It's easy to make, but it does want to simmer for a good long time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups brown rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 5 cups mushroom broth (I use Better than Boullion)
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 carrot, chopped small
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1/2 lb bacon, chopped into 1 in long pieces
- 1 white onion, 1/2 diced 1/2 chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1Fry the Bacon.
- 2Cook the onion in the grease until it's translucent.
- 3Add the olive oil, oregano,basil, cumin, garlic.
- 4Rinse your rice 3 times.
- 5Add rice and sautee for 10 minutes.
- 6Add broth, beans (do not drain), bay leaves, and soup.
- 7Cover, Bring to a boil, turn down heat to between low and medium.
- 8Simmer for at least an hour, ideally two.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dirty Rice and Beans
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 747.9
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 25.7 mg
- Sodium 864.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 19.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: