1/1 Photo of Dirty Rice a La Kj
This has gotten the thumbs up from my husband, who is from Louisiana. Not bad, considering I'm an Aussie!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1/4 lb chicken breast, finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup uncooked rice
- 1Combine first 7 seasonings in a small bowl and set aside.
- 2Coat a frying pan with oil spray and place in chicken and bay leaves.
- 3Cook over high heat until meat is browned.
- 4Stir in seasoning mix.
- 5Add onion, capsicum, celery and garlic, and stir.
- 6Add margarine and stir until melted.
- 7Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring and scraping bottom of pan occasionally.
- 8Add chicken stock and stir.
- 9Heat until boiling.
- 10Add rice and stir thoroughly.
- 11Cover pan and reduce heat to low.
- 12Cook until rice is tender.
- 13Remove bay leaves and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dirty Rice a La Kj
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.6
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 21.7 mg
- Sodium 269.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 12.5 g