Prep1 hr 30 mins
This is one of my MIL's recipes. Wonderful and elegant.
Make and share this Dijon Sirloin Tips recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs sirloin tip steaks, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- hot cooked noodles
- In a large skillet, brown the meat in butter and oil; transfer to an ungreased 2-quart baking dish.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and garlic until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Pour over meat.
- Cover and bake at 300 degrees for 1 1/2-2 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a skillet, combine the broth, vinegar, and soy sauce; bring to a boil.
- Boil for 2 minutes; set aside.
- Combine mustard, cornstarch, and cream; stir into broth mixture.
- Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Drain juices from baking dish into broth mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly.
- Add beef mixture.
- Serve over noodles.