1/1 Photo of Deviled Crab
This is a childhood favorite. The hardest part was pinning Mom down on amounts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cans lump crabmeat, drained (3/4 to 1 lb of fresh)
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 dash thyme
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence or 1/2 teaspoon your favorite seasoning
- 1Melt 1 stick of butter and saute green pepper and onions for about 5 minutes.
- 2Add garlic, thyme and bay leaf.
- 3Saute slowly till soft.
- 4Add remaining butter then celery and saute a few more minutes.
- 5Add the bread crumbs and milk, mixing well.
- 6Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- 7Add crab meat and remaining seasonin, mixing thoroughly.
- 8Remove bay leaf and arrange mixture in ramekins.
- 9Top with buttered bread crumbs.
- 10Heat in 400 degree oven only until hot.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deviled Crab
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.2
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 66.7 mg
- Sodium 1099.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Emeril's Original Essence