Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A really good way to make dove.
Make and share this Delicious Dove recipe from Food.com.
- Cut doves along backbone, butterfly by removing the large bones of the lower back & legs.
- Press flat, roll in flour.
- Brown lightly in butter & sprinkle with herbs & parsley.
- Cover & cook slowly for 15 minute.
- Add onions, mushrooms with the liquid, & sauterne.
- Cover & simmer 1 hour or until tender.
- Add salt 5 minute before removing from heat. Serve with wild rice or hot buttered rice.
- NOTE: QUAIL OR SQUAB MAY ALSO BE USED.