We love oysters, and this is the way we love them best. Crispy brown and tender.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse oysters, and cut any that are too large in half.
- 2Mix well the flour, egg, salt and pepper.
- 3Should be like pancake batter.
- 4Add more milk if necessary.
- 5Heat oil to very hot, (375) in a large skillet.
- 6Dip oysters in batter, let drain a few seconds.
- 7Carefully drop oysters in hot oil.
- 8Fry for about 4 minutes, until golden brown.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep Fried Oysters
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.1
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 174.7 mg
- Sodium 869.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 28.2 g