Another recipe from real cajun recipes. Submitted by Dakota Delcambre...she writes the following;Most Cajuns follow the tradition of not eating meat on Friday during the Lenton season. This recipe would be great for Lent. Donald writes - Dakato is the great grandson of Isadore Delcambre, This is my son, 8 yr-old Dakota's 1st easy to make lunch recipe. This salad should be served on your favorite sandwich bread along with your favorite extras: lettuce, cheese, etc... Dakota experienced his first crawfish-boil in Washington! (You should have seen him and his siblings). Master Dakota - you make us Cajuns proud.
- 3 (6 ounce) cans tuna
- 2 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat
- 3 -4 large hard-boiled eggs
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons relish or 4 tablespoons chopped pickles
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper, go easy
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- chopped onions (optional) or olive (optional)
- Boil eggs while preparing other ingredients. Drain tuna and crab cans and mix with the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add the mayonnaise to your desired consistency. Add chopped onions or olives if desired. Peel and chop eggs; add to the mixture. Serve on your favorite bread with favorite fixins of potato chips, soda, tea or cold beer for adults.