Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Absolute yummy kielbasa sauce for pasta. Thanks to southernfood.com! It is dairy free if you dont use the parmesan cheese on top.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb kielbasa, sliced
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (9 -12 ounce) package frozen French-cut green beans
- 1 (6 ounce) can pitted black olives (whole,drained)
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, sliced in rings
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil, crushed
- 1 teaspoon oregano, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb pasta, of your choice
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese
- In a medium skillet, saute ground beef.
- When browned, transfer to Crock Pot.
- Add all other ingredients except pasta& Parmesan.
- Simmer on low for 6-8 hours.
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Kielbasa over pasta in large bowls.
- Pass the Parmesan cheese to garnish.
This was just wonderful! Very flavorful. The herbs are an excellent blend. I cut the kielbasa in 3 inch pieces and served this over penne. We will have this one often! Thanks, Diggy!
Five out of Five people loved this recipe. Outstanding Diggy. My family loves kielbasa and this was a fabulous way of serving it up. I didn't use whole tomatoes but a can of diced tomatoes. I was able to double the recipe for my 6 quart slow cooker. I served it with choo choo pasta and five cheese Texas toast. This is a keeper.
We had this last weekend and loved it. We had friends over, who are on the South Beach Diet, and they brought their own food, even though, I urged them to try this. After they got here, they wished they had left their food at home. Everything, except the pasta, would fall within their food rules. Thank you, Thank you!