Everybody has a favorite type of barbecue. Eastern NC BBQ has a pure salty savoryness without any ketchup base. The following recipe is awesome served on large sandwich buns with potato chips. And it's easy--a great recipe to set in the crock pot and come home to an almost-finished meal. For cost savings, I often buy a large pork roast when it goes on sale and just cut in in two halves; use one for the recipe. Pick a nice lean cut; not a Boston butt. Even better as a leftover!!
- Place roast in crock pot. Brush with BBQ sauce.
- Cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours.
- Just before serving, remove any fat then use a fork to shred all the meat.
- Stir together all remaining ingredients (I just mix in my measuring cup), and pour over pork. Toss pork in sauce.
- Scoop onto sandwich with slotted spoon (to avoid soggy buns).