8 hrs 10 mins
LynnG #2's Note:
A quick and tasty authentic Jambalaya. Ingredients can mixed the night before and placed in the fridge. Just pull out and plug in the next morning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 medium celery ribs, chopped (1 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups spicy smoked sausage, fully cooked and sliced (andouille is best)
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper sauce (more or less to taste)
- 3/4 lb medium shrimp, peeled deveined uncooked, thawed if frozen
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1Mix all ingredients except shrimp and rice in 3 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- 2Cover and cook on low heat setting 7 to 8 hours (or high heat setting 3 to 4 hours) or until vegetables are tender.
- 3Stir in shrimp.
- 4Cover and cook on low heat setting about 1 hour or until shrimp are pink and firm.
- 5Serve jambalaya with rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (561 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.0
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 129.6 mg
- Sodium 875.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 24.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
spicy smoked sausage