This is from Cooking Light magazine.
Make and share this Creole Tomato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 ripe tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices (about 2 lbs)
- 1 vidalia onions or 1 other sweet onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives, chopped
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- To prepare salad, alternate tomato and onion slices on a platter. Sprinkle with salt. Top with mint and chives.
- To prepare vinaigrette, combine oil, vinegar, mustard and garlic in a jar. Cover tightly; shake vigorously.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over salad and serve it at room temperature.
Lovely combinaton of flavours; so good when we are finally getting Good tomatoes at the market. Made thi for Everyday is a Holiday! Thank you for posting. Rita
And thought caprese was the only way to eat tomaotes. Da.... delish, and a great way to eat fresh tomatoes. Made for holiday tag. Another simple keeper, thank to you engrossed.
This was very simple and fresh and a terrifically easy way to serve ripe tomatoes. Thanks for sharing! ~Sue