This is from Cooking Light magazine.
Make and share this Creole Tomato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 ripe tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices (about 2 lbs)
- 1 vidalia onions or 1 other sweet onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives, chopped
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- To prepare salad, alternate tomato and onion slices on a platter. Sprinkle with salt. Top with mint and chives.
- To prepare vinaigrette, combine oil, vinegar, mustard and garlic in a jar. Cover tightly; shake vigorously.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over salad and serve it at room temperature.