Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Reign as King of the Grill in your neighbourhood! Recipe comes from Rob Rainford.
Make and share this Creole Style Smoked Baby Back Ribs recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 pinch cajun spices
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
The Bourbon Sauce
- 2 tablespoons bottled chili sauce
- 3⁄4 cup hickory flavored barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 racks of baby-back pork ribs (5lb or 2.5 kg)
- The Rub: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Pat all sides of the baby back ribs generously with the rub.
- Place in a sealable plastic bag and refrigerate for at least 5 hours.
- The Bourbon Sauce: To make the bourbon sauce, place all ingredients except Tabasco sauce, in a medium sized, heavy bottomed sauce pan.
- Reduce slightly over medium heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in the Tabasco to taste.
- This can be refrigerated until ready to use, but reheat before serving.
- Baby Back Ribs: Prepare Barbecue to 200ºF/100ºC using indirect heat.
- For a gas grill, preheat the grill to high on one side leaving the other side off.
- If you are using charcoal, cook the coal until they are ash on the outside, but still holding their shape.
- Place the baby back ribs directly on the cool side of the grill and cook slowly, lid down, for approximately 2 hours until nicely browned and cooked through.
- After 1½ hours, brush the ribs with the bourbon sauce every 15 minutes until the allotted time has passed.
We just made this recipe to break in our new smoker/grill and it was fantastic. We left out the celery seeds because we didn't have them, and omitted the Tabasco because we thought the other ingredients would give it enough zing. We were right. They were spicy, but not TOO hot and very juicy. We're adding this to the recipe book!