2 hrs 15 mins
Reign as King of the Grill in your neighbourhood! Recipe comes from Rob Rainford.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 pinch cajun spices
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
The Bourbon Sauce
- 2 tablespoons bottled chili sauce
- 3/4 cup hickory flavored barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup Bourbon
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 racks of baby-back pork ribs (5lb or 2.5 kg)
- 1The Rub: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- 2Pat all sides of the baby back ribs generously with the rub.
- 3Place in a sealable plastic bag and refrigerate for at least 5 hours.
- 4The Bourbon Sauce: To make the bourbon sauce, place all ingredients except Tabasco sauce, in a medium sized, heavy bottomed sauce pan.
- 5Reduce slightly over medium heat for 5-10 minutes.
- 6Stir in the Tabasco to taste.
- 7This can be refrigerated until ready to use, but reheat before serving.
- 8Baby Back Ribs: Prepare Barbecue to 200ºF/100ºC using indirect heat.
- 9For a gas grill, preheat the grill to high on one side leaving the other side off.
- 10If you are using charcoal, cook the coal until they are ash on the outside, but still holding their shape.
- 11Place the baby back ribs directly on the cool side of the grill and cook slowly, lid down, for approximately 2 hours until nicely browned and cooked through.
- 12After 1½ hours, brush the ribs with the bourbon sauce every 15 minutes until the allotted time has passed.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creole Style Smoked Baby Back Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (646 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.6
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1203.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: