1/1 Photo of Creole Beef Tips
Chef Jeff S's Note:
I used Chef Paul Prudhomme’s low fat cooking techniques to create this very low fat and flavorful dish. The secret here is organization. Get all the prep work done, line up the ingredients and it really comes together quite fast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown your flour in a dry pan. This will take about 10-12 minutes. Stir often so the flour does not burn. All you want here is a light brown color. (It will get darker in the later stages when you add it back into the vegetables). Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- 2Season tips with 1 tsp of seasoning. Cover and set aside.
- 3Chop all veggies and set aside.
- 4Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat for about four minutes. Add the beef tips and brown well on all sides. When done transfer beef and all juices to a bowl.
- 5Add the onion, celery and bell pepper to the pan. Add ½ cup stock, 1 tsp seasoning and 1 tsp Worcestershire. Cook and stir until all liquid has evaporated.
- 6Let the veggies stick to the pot one minute. Stir then let stick one more minute.
- 7Add garlic. Cook and stir until fragrant.
- 8Add ½ cup stock and browned flour. Cook for one minute, stir then cook one more minute.
- 9Add ½ cup stock, meat and juices, mushrooms, tomatoes and remaining 1 tsp of Worcestershire.
- 10Bring to a boil, cover and simmer 10 minutes. Remove cover and simmer until desired consistency.
- 11Serve over brown rice.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creole Beef Tips
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.0
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 76.4 mg
- Sodium 235.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 26.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: