I got this from the food network website. This is the closest to the bbq shrimp I had in New Orleans this summer! I LOVE the how the rosemary stands out!
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 red chilies or 2 green chilies or 2 jalapenos, chopped
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano, chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil, chiffonade
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄4 tablespoon cayenne
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 20 pieces shrimp, shells on (16/20 size)
- In a saute pan, heat butter and peanut oil.
- Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes, then add all the herbs and spices, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Continue to saute for 2 minutes more.
- Add shrimp and saute until cooked through, do not overcook.