Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love savory sweet potatoes. Last night we had steak and a roasted beet salad with clementines and spinach so these potatoes were created to finish off the perfect Friday night dinner, complete with a bottle of Bogle ($9:)Cabernet Sauvignon. Depending on the dryness and size of your potatoes you may need to add more chicken broth. Also, depending on how spicy you like your food, either use more chipoltle peppers or less.
- 4 extra large sweet potatoes
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened and cut into bits
- 6 ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chipotle chiles in adobo
- 3 tablespoons butter
- In a preheated 350 degree oven, roast the sweet potatoes until very soft, about 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and when cool enough to handle, peel the potatoes.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the potatoes and add the butter.
- In a blender, mix all the other ingredients and blend until the peppers are all chopped up and blended into the creamy mixture.
- Mix the creamy mixture into the potatoes and pour into a casserole dish and reheat either in the oven or in the microwave.
Trinkets came in town this weekend for my 50th B-Day party and we cooked up a storm. We fixed this with Grilled FrenchSalmon, Haricot Verts and a Hearts of Palm Salad. What an amazing menu. THis recipe is undoubtedly the best Sweet Potatoe recipe ever.