1 hr 15 mins
I love savory sweet potatoes. Last night we had steak and a roasted beet salad with clementines and spinach so these potatoes were created to finish off the perfect Friday night dinner, complete with a bottle of Bogle ($9:)Cabernet Sauvignon. Depending on the dryness and size of your potatoes you may need to add more chicken broth. Also, depending on how spicy you like your food, either use more chipoltle peppers or less.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a preheated 350 degree oven, roast the sweet potatoes until very soft, about 1 hour.
- 2Remove from oven and when cool enough to handle, peel the potatoes.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, mash the potatoes and add the butter.
- 4In a blender, mix all the other ingredients and blend until the peppers are all chopped up and blended into the creamy mixture.
- 5Mix the creamy mixture into the potatoes and pour into a casserole dish and reheat either in the oven or in the microwave.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy and Spicy Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.9
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 59.6 mg
- Sodium 220.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo