This is from Lawry's website. They are famous for their prime rib. I was very surprised at the ingredients since after eating it I thought it was full of fat and cholesterol. NOT! Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain spinach well and squeeze out excess moisture with hands; chop finely and set aside.
- 2Fry bacon in heavy skillet until crisp; remove, drain and chop.
- 3Sauté onion and garlic in bacon drippings.
- 4add flour, Lawry’s Seasoned Salt and pepper.
- 5Blend thoroughly.
- 6Slowly add milk, stirring constantly.
- 7until thickened.
- 8Add spinach and bacon; heat thoroughly.
- 9For a healthier, but still very tasty version I microwaved the bacon wrapped in paper towels and used 1 tbs Smart Choice oil to saute.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamed Spinach a La Lawry's
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.2
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 24.2 mg
- Sodium 267.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Lawry's Seasoned Salt