1/1 Photo of Crawfish Etouffee
1 hr 15 mins
Toby Jermain's Note:
The original version of this recipe was published in 'Sonde Off Magazine', Schlumberger Well Services' employee magazine, about 30 years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 tablespoon flour
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb crayfish tail, with fat if possible
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped scallion top (green onion)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- cayenne pepper
- hot cooked white rice, as accompaniment (Try Steamed Rice #68340, if desired)
- 1Make roux of flour and butter in a heavy skillet, and stir until blended.
- 2Cook over medium heat, stirring regularly, until dark blonde in color, about 10 minutes.
- 3Add chopped onion, garlic and green pepper, and cook until vegetables are almost tender, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add crawfish fat, and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Optionally, a little water can be added to thin mixture at this point.
- 6Add crawfish tails, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7Add salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to taste.
- 8Add green onion tops and parsley, and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- 9Serve over hot cooked rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crawfish Etouffee
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.9
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 182.4 mg
- Sodium 238.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 17.9 g