1/3 Photos of Crawfish Chowder
When we go to the beach, there is one resturant that we always go to for their crawfish chowder. I found this recipe online and it's a very close match. I usually leave out the optional shrimp and add in more crawfish tails.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shrimp stock
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 large potato, diced and cooked
- 1 lb crawfish tail, cooked and peeled
- 1/2-1 lb shrimp, cooked and shelled (optional)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- fresh parsley
- 1Cook the bacon in a frying pan; drain on paper towels and crumble when cooled slightly.
- 2Put the bacon grease in a dutch oven.
- 3Add in the butter, onions, celery and green onion; saute until soft.
- 4Add the shrimp stock, corn and potatoes.
- 5Bring to a boil and then simmer until the potatoes are tender.
- 6Add in the crawfish (and shrimp is using).
- 7Simmer until heated through.
- 8Add in the whipping cream and seasonings.
- 9Simmer about 10 minutes for the flavors to meld.
- 10Just before you get ready to serve, add in the butter, cayenne and parsley.
- 11Ladle into bowls and sprinkle each serving with the crumbled bacon.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crawfish Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 819.8
- Calories from Fat 480
- Total Fat 53.4 g
- Saturated Fat 30.9 g
- Cholesterol 297.2 mg
- Sodium 828.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 28.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: