Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Italian Seafood flavor. Can use many different types of seafood but I find the flavor of crawfish, shrimp or a combination are best. I made this recipeup many years ago and it is always a big hit with all of my friends. When cooked correctly it has a taste that keeps you comming back for more.
- 1 lb crayfish tail, with fat (preferably La. packaged. Shrimp or a combination of both can be used. Actually the more the merrier.)
- olive oil
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 14 ounces frozen broccoli, pieces thawed rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 thinly sliced squash
- 1 can corn, drained
- thin pasta or pasta or noodles, of choice
- 1 (8 ounce) canof chopped mushrooms, drained
- cajun seasoning, of choice (Tony C's is pretty good or you could try my recipe of 60% cayenne pepper, 20% salt and 20% garlic po)
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces of a good tasting sweet blush wine
- garlic salt
- pepper or garlic pepper seasoning
- 5 cloves of pressed garlic, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1⁄8 cup scallion
- 1 pinch fresh parsley leaves
- 1 pinch ground rosemary
- 1 pinch bay leaf
- Always remember a Cajun cook's measurements are by taste and feeling of the day therefore this was a hard recipe to write down.
- All can or frozen ingredients can be substituted with fresh ingredients.
- In a pan put crawfish (leave crawfish fat in for taste or rinse and strain prior to sauteing for a whiter sauce), wine, and a couple pinches of seasoning.
- I use about 4 maybe 6 pinches of seasoning.
- Simmer on very low heat for 3 minutes.
- Take crawfish out of pan and set aside leaving wine and seasoning in pan.
- In another pan saute the onions, garlic, bell peppers, scallions, green onions, and carrots in some olive oil until onions are soft.
- About 5 minutes.
- Season while simmering with a few pinches of garlic salt, garlic pepper and a few more pinches of seasoning.
- Take the ingredients from the two pans (wine and onion pans) and pour into a large pot.
- Place on a low heat adding the zucchini, squash, corn, broccoli, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, parsley, rosemary, bay leaves and heavy cream.
- If necessary add more wine or cream to cover ingredients.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low for 20 minutes.
- Stir occasionally and of course add a few more pinches of seasoning.
- While sauce is simmering add corn starch and water mixture to sauce to thicken.
- I usually mix two tbls of cornstarch with 4 oz of water in a glass, stir and slowly add to sauce avoiding clumping.
- Mix thoroughly and let heat for a few minutes before adding more until you get the consistency you want.
- One you get the consistency you want and you have heated for about 20 minutes add crawfish in and continue to stir on a low heat for 10 minutes.
- While main dish is simmering cook enough pasta for 4-6.
- Serve on a plate or in a bowl over pasta.
- Great with fresh green beans and of course garlic bread.
- Bon Appitite.