1/1 Photo of Crabmeat Ravigotte Maison
2 hrs 30 mins
French Ravigotte with New Orleans twist. I would not recommend using imitation crab, the meat is critical as the flavors are very delicate. For a more economic version, use regular lump rather than jumbo. For a more dramatic presentation, withhold capers until the end and sprinkle them over the prepared dish with an extra pinch of parsley. When we make it, we use the full recipe but only serve it over 4 (sometimes 2) tomato/lettuce beds rather than 6 so each person will have extra crabmeat mixture. Yum yum. To make recipe a little easier, use chopped lettuce as a salad bed just enough to cover an appetizer plate, then lay the single tomato slice on top and continue as recipe directs. It will look just as nice and is a little easier on the cook : )
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon creole mustard (or dijon or other brown mustard)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 1/4 cup whole scallion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- white pepper
- 1 lb crabmeat, jumbo lump
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1Combine egg yolks, vinegar, mustard, and lemon juice in blender.
- 2Blend for 2 minutes.
- 3While blending, slowly add oil into the blender in a thin, but constant stream (critical).
- 4Transfer to mixing bowl.
- 5Gently fold in capers, scallions, and parsley.
- 6Add salt and white pepper to taste.
- 7Refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- 8Slice tomato into 6-in. slices (keep them as consistent as possible).
- 9Slice lettuce head into ribbons (if you slice it in the right direction it will hold together into a circular bed of ribbons that will be slightly larger than the tomato and will layer beautifully).
- 10Just before serving, gently fold in crabmeat (so as not to damage lumps).
- 11Layer the items on plates in the following order: lettuce, tomato, then crabmeat mixture.
- 12Optional: garnish with a pinch parsley.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crabmeat Ravigotte Maison
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.6
- Calories from Fat 345
- Total Fat 38.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 94.6 mg
- Sodium 825.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 16.0 g