Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here's a classic from the famous Commander's Palace located in the heart of the beautiful Garden District of New Orleans.
- 2 cups onions, minced
- 1 cup bell pepper, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups green onions, tops only, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup pimentos, minced (drained well)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup creole mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- 3 lbs lump crabmeat (free of shells)
- mayonnaise, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, sauté onions, bell pepper, celery, and green onions in melted butter.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and pimento. Sauté for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire, and Tabasco. Let cool.
- In large mixing bowl, ladle sauce over crabmeat and fold gently with hands to coat crabmeat.
- Using your hands, fill individual casserole pans or large shells with crabmeat. Thinly coat the top with mayonnaise. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake until bubbly.