1/1 Photo of Crabmeat Deviled Eggs
2 hrs 15 mins
From Every Day's A Party Cookbook by Emeril Lagasse.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, shelled and cut in half lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (not that Miracle Whip stuff)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper or 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (Tabasco)
- 1/2 lb lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives or 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 ounce black caviar, such as beluga, osetra, sevruga or 1 ounce red salmon roe
- paprika, for sprinkling
- 1Remove the egg yolks from the whites and put in a medium-size mixing bowl.
- 2Using the back of a fork, mash the eggs and then add mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, black or white pepper, hot sauce and chives or green onions.
- 3Stir with a fork to mix.
- 4Add the crabmeat and stir gently to mix.
- 5Spoon equal amounts of the mixture unto the egg white halves.
- 6Chill the eggs for 2 hours before serving.
- 7To serve, garnish with caviar, if desired.
- 8Sprinkle with paprika.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crabmeat Deviled Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.3
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 241.1 mg
- Sodium 244.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 11.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: