Prep 1 hr
Cook 40 mins
Eggplant stuffed with crabmeat - yummy!
Make and share this Crab Stuffed Eggplant Royale recipe from Food.com.
- 3 eggplants, medium size, whole
- 1⁄2 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 lb lump crabmeat
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Place whole eggplants in a large pot with enough water to cover the whole eggplants, and simmer until they are soft.
- When soft, remove from heat and cool in cool water.
- When cool, cut the eggplants in half and scrape the eggplant out.
- Be careful not to tear the skin.
- Sauté the onions, celery and bell peppers in butter until soft.
- Add the eggplant meat that you scraped out and cook until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Add shrimp and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and fold in crab meat, parsley and enough breadcrumbs to give the mixture consistency.
- Fill the empty shells with the mixture and lightly spread breadcrumbs on top.
- Sprinkle the olive oil on top of each eggplant half and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for about 25 minutes.