1 hr 40 mins
Witch Doctor's Note:
Eggplant stuffed with crabmeat - yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 eggplants, medium size, whole
- 1/2 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 lb lump crabmeat
- 1/4 lb butter
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1Place whole eggplants in a large pot with enough water to cover the whole eggplants, and simmer until they are soft.
- 2When soft, remove from heat and cool in cool water.
- 3When cool, cut the eggplants in half and scrape the eggplant out.
- 4Be careful not to tear the skin.
- 5Sauté the onions, celery and bell peppers in butter until soft.
- 6Add the eggplant meat that you scraped out and cook until all the liquid has evaporated.
- 7Add shrimp and cook for about 5 minutes.
- 8Remove from heat and fold in crab meat, parsley and enough breadcrumbs to give the mixture consistency.
- 9Fill the empty shells with the mixture and lightly spread breadcrumbs on top.
- 10Sprinkle the olive oil on top of each eggplant half and sprinkle with paprika.
- 11Bake in a 350 degree F oven for about 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Stuffed Eggplant Royale
Serving Size: 1 (421 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 524.2
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 190.4 mg
- Sodium 581.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.6 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 31.1 g