Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is as close as I can come to the dish served at Broussard’s
Make and share this Crab Bisque recipe from Food.com.
- 6 crabs, hard shelled, cleaned and cut into 24 pieces
- 1 1⁄2 gallons chicken stock
- 2 quarts half-and-half
- 1 lb butter
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 2 cups flour
- Melt butter in soup pot, add crabs and cook until crabs are dry.
- Add onions and celery and cook until tender.
- Add flour and blend the roux.
- Add chicken stock and let simmer at least 30 minutes.
- Heat half and half and blend in soup.
- Strain soup, add lump crab meat and serve.