Down Home Southern Chef's Note:
There is a barbeque chain in Texas called the County Line. They have some of the best food... particularly their potato salad! I found this recipe and had to share! I use to only make mustard potato salad, but this recipe has changed my ways. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 1/2 lbs idaho potatoes
- 3/4 lb about 2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3/4 lb about 6 ribsstalks celery, chopped
- 16 ounces kraft dill pickle relish
- 1 1/2 lbs sour cream
- 12 ounces Kraft mayonnaise (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons coarse black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon salt (to taste)
- 1Put unpeeled potatoes in a large pot of salted cold water; bring to a boil and cook until tender throughout, about 25 minutes. Test by inserting a knife into a potato. Refrigerate 30 minutes to allow potatoes to cool. Carefully peel potatoes and cut into 1-inch cubes; set aside.
- 2In large mixing bowl, blend together onions, celery, relish, sour cream, mayonnaise, pepper, garlic salt, celery salt and salt. Add cubes of potato and mix gently.
- 3Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- 4For Garnish: Dust with paprika and garnish with a sprig of parsley.
- 5Recipe can be halved, if desired.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for County Line Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.1
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 24.5 mg
- Sodium 852.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: