1/2 Photos of Country Fried Steak
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
I know there are several recipes on here for country fried steak. I didn't see any here the way I make mine, so I decided to post it. Please don't let the long list of instructions bother you, it’s easier than it looks. If you try it I hope you enjoy it! posted on January 27th 2006.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together egg and milk in a medium sized shallow bowl; set aside.
- 2Preheat oil in a medium sized skillet over medium heat.
- 3While oil is heating, place flour on a sheet of aluminum foil or a flat plate.
- 4Take a piece of steak covering each side with flour.
- 5Press flour into meat with palm of your hand.
- 6Place flour covered meat one piece at a time in egg, making sure meat is covered with egg mixture.
- 7Repeat step 5.
- 8Repeat steps 5, 6, and 7 with remaining steak.
- 9Place each piece of meat in skillet, sprinkle each piece with 1/4 teaspoon of each seasoning salt and pepper (can add more seasoning salt and pepper if desired).
- 10Lightly brown each side of steak for 5 to 6 minutes or until desired brownness is reached.
- 11Serve with your favorite gravy and your favorite sides.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Fried Steak
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.0
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 57.1 mg
- Sodium 330.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: