Recipe Baroness's Note:
Found this recipe years ago in a "Southern Living" magazine and have been stuffing my turkey every thanksgiving with this very southern, tasty favorite ever since!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package ground pork sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large celery ribs, chopped
- 2 lbs pepperidge farms cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped up
- 1Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink.
- 2Remove sausage, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet.
- 3Drain sausage on paper towels.
- 4Saute onion and celery in hot drippings over medium-high heat until tender.
- 5Remove vegetables with a slotted spoon.
- 6Combine sausage, vegetables, cornbread, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl, stirring gently until moistened, adding more chicken broth as needed.
- 7Spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- 8Bake, covered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 10If you like a smoother, moister stuffing add 2 single serving bags of instant grits to the mixture.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornbread, Sausage, and Pecan Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 598.2
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 82.8 mg
- Sodium 1509.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.5 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 16.6 g