Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this recipe years ago in a "Southern Living" magazine and have been stuffing my turkey every thanksgiving with this very southern, tasty favorite ever since!
- 1 (16 ounce) packageground pork sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large celery ribs, chopped
- 2 lbs pepperidge farms cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground sage
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped up
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink.
- Remove sausage, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet.
- Drain sausage on paper towels.
- Saute onion and celery in hot drippings over medium-high heat until tender.
- Remove vegetables with a slotted spoon.
- Combine sausage, vegetables, cornbread, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl, stirring gently until moistened, adding more chicken broth as needed.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- If you like a smoother, moister stuffing add 2 single serving bags of instant grits to the mixture.