Recipe Baroness's Note:
Found this recipe years ago in a "Southern Living" magazine and have been stuffing my turkey every thanksgiving with this very southern, tasty favorite ever since!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package ground pork sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large celery ribs, chopped
- 2 lbs pepperidge farms cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped up
- 1Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink.
- 2Remove sausage, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet.
- 3Drain sausage on paper towels.
- 4Saute onion and celery in hot drippings over medium-high heat until tender.
- 5Remove vegetables with a slotted spoon.
- 6Combine sausage, vegetables, cornbread, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl, stirring gently until moistened, adding more chicken broth as needed.
- 7Spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- 8Bake, covered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 10If you like a smoother, moister stuffing add 2 single serving bags of instant grits to the mixture.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornbread, Sausage, and Pecan Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 598.2
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 82.8 mg
- Sodium 1509.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.5 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 16.6 g