Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I absolutely love this dressing at Bob Evans.. a good friend is a prep cook for their and snuck me the recipe
- Process water and cornstarch in a blender on high speed for 1 minute or until smooth. Transfer to a 2 1/2-quart saucepan.
- Cook mixture over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Add each of the remaining ingredients, stirring well after each addition. Cook, stirring, until mixture begins to thicken and become quite smooth.
- Let cool completely before pouring into a refrigerator container. Cap tightly. Keeps for about 6 weeks. Do not freeze.
- Creamy Italian Colonial: After preparing the previous recipe (let cool first), add 1 tablespoon pre pared mustard, 1 tablespoon light corn syrup, 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/2 cup mayonnaise. Stir to combine well. Refrigerate. Do not freeze.
- Catalina Colonial: To prepared recipe, add 1 cup ketchup and 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish.
- Creamy Onion Dressing: To prepared recipe, stir in 1 carton (8 ounces) onion chip dip. Do not freeze.
- Slaw Dressing: To prepared recipe, stir in 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/2 cup mayonnaise. Use within 1 week. Do not freeze.