Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
According to CajunCulture.com, not only is the origin of the term "coonass" disputed but also its acceptable usage. Some Cajuns take pride in the word and display license plates saying "Registered Coonass" while others see it as an ethnic slur. Either way, this is some good mock filet mignon. SOURCE BOUDREAUX & THIBODEAUX My three photos of this wonderful dish are of the raw, cooking to plated!
- Mix egg and mustard.
- Add ground chuck, breadcrumbs and onion.
- Add seasonings (Generally, a layer of salt, black pepper and.
- garlic powder is added to each side then a pinch or two of red pepper).
- Weigh out 5 oz of the mixture and make into a meatball then flatten slightly.
- Wrap a slice of bacon or two around the meat and.
- fasten with toothpick.
- Fry up in pan -- a few minutes on each side.
- Serve up.
Had for Fat Tuesday at the house. A real man pleaser!