Entered for safekeeping. A special slaw great as a side to hamburgers or crab cakes. I added alternate measurements per USDA nutritional data web site. Times are estimates without the food processor from "the slowest chopper in the Western Hemisphere." A food processor would be ideal for preparation. From Sunset Magazine, July 2001.
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce (tomato-based for seafood cocktails)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, coarse grain
- 1 small head of cabbage, finely shredded (about 10 cups)
- 3 large carrots, finely shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1 small sweet red pepper, 1/4-inch dice (about 3/4 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, including tops, thinly sliced
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, mix yogurt, mayonnaise, pickle relish, chili sauce, and mustard.
- Add cabbage, carrots, bell pepper, and green onions; mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.