Oh my goodness, these are awesome! From the cookbook, Smoke and Spice.
Make and share this Cinderella Beef Short Ribs recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup paprika
- 1⁄4 cup black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
Cinderella Glaze ingredients
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup beer
- 3⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 5 -6 lbs beef short ribs, bone in and cut between the ribs
- The night before you plan to barbeque, combine rub ingredients. Apply about half this to ribs, rubbing evenly over entire rib.
- Place in bag and refrigerate overnight.
- Combine glaze ingredients in medium sauce pan. Bring to simmer. Reduce to low and cook for 30 minutes.
- Prepare smoker.
- Remove ribs from refrigerator and rub on remaining rub mixture. Let ribs set at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Cook meat on smoker for approximately 4-5 hours.**
- During the last hour of cooking baste the ribs with glaze. Return sauce to stove and heat an additional 15 minutes to thicken it.
- Remove ribs from smoker and let them set at room temperature for 10 minutes. Remove any unwanted fat. Serve with sauce on side.
- **As with all methods of outdoor cooking and variations of fire temperatures, cook according to your particular fire.
We liked this a lot. I especially love vinegar-based sauces, and this delivered. However, I had to add some sweeter sauce to the non-basting sauce. Spot on.