Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Cookin' down greens takes on a spicy twist!
Make and share this Chile-Vinegar Turnip Greens recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (1 lb) bag turnip greens, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili paste with garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Heat oil in stockpot over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and saute 30 seconds or until lightly browned.
- Add greens and saute 5 minutes, or until wilted.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and cook 45 minutes.
I was looking for a recipe for greens that didn't use bacon and came across this one and I'm glad I did! I used collard greens and didn't have rice vinegar, so I used red wine vinegar. It turned out very good!Thanks!
Excellent! I used 1/2 of the paste and vinegar on one bunch of greens.