Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found the basic recipe in a cookbook by Better Homes and Gardens "Fast Fix Family Foods". But as with alot of recipes from cookbooks, I "tweak" them according to mine and SO's own personal tastes.This recipe uses foods that aren't made " from scratch" so if you want to use freshly prepared, the cooking time will be increased. Submitted to "ZAAR" on October 8th, 2008.
- 2 frozen breaded chicken fillets
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup leftover seasoned mashed potatoes
- 1 (1 ounce) package turkey gravy mix (original recipe called for chicken)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper (to taste)
- In a small saucepan, over low to medium low heat,combine gravy mix, sage,pepper, and buttermilk.
- Stirring until no lumps remain, and desired thickness is reached, turn heat to low ,keeping gravy warm.
- Over medium heat in a medium sized skillet heat oil till hot but not smoking.
- Add frozen patties, and cook on both sides until golden brown, and remove from skillet.
- Top each pattie with 1/2 cup of reheated mashed potatoes.
- Cover potatoes with desired amount of gravy, and enjoy :).