1 hr 20 mins
This savory soup has a Southern twist with the addition of black-eyed peas and Creole spices. Leftovers can be frozen for up to one month.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (1 lb) bone-in skinless chicken breasts, excess fat removed
- 8 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans fire-roasted tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt, plus
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups new potatoes, chopped
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1Place chicken in large stockpot.
- 2Add 8 cups water.
- 3Bring to a boil over high heat.
- 4Reduce heat to a simmer.
- 5Cover and cook for 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- 6Remove chicken from broth; set aside to cool.
- 7Strain broth and reserve.
- 8Return stockpot to heat.
- 9Add olive oil.
- 10Add garlic and onion and cook over medium heat for 6-7 minutes, or until translucent.
- 11Add carrots and celery and cook for 2 minutes.
- 12Add tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, seasoned salt and Creole seasoning, stirring well to combine.
- 13Add chicken stock and reserved chicken broth.
- 14Stir well.
- 15Add potatoes and bring soup to a boil over medium-high heat.
- 16Cook until potatoes are fork tender.
- 17While potatoes are cooking, remove chicken from bone, shredding into bite-size pieces.
- 18Add chicken to soup.
- 19Add peas to soup and simmer for 3 minutes.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (625 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.9
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 98.2 mg
- Sodium 649.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 38.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: