Make and share this Chicken Stroganoff recipe from Food.com.
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- hot cooked egg noodles
- Place chicken in a lightly greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Melt butter in a skillet; add onion and mushrooms.
- Saute until tender.
- Add wine and next 4 ingredients; pour over chicken.
- Baked, covered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, remove chicken with tongs.
- Stir in sour cream into drippings, and return chicken to mixture.
- Bake uncovered, 10 more minutes or until done.
- Serve over hot noodles.
Comforting to the tummy and so tasty that I should have doubled the recipe so we could have had leftovers. Delicious made as is!
Comfort food at it's best! We had over wide egg noodles, and everyone just about licked their plates! Good stuff!
the sauce was very yummy! i made this with boneless skinless chicken breast halves... i used marsala wine instead of white wine since i didnt have any. also used light sour cream. i followed everything else exactly. however, i completely forgot to cover it before putting it in the oven... it turned out really good still.. chiclen was a bit flavorless to me, maybe because i didnt cover it? will defintely make again, again and again. i really liked the sauce a lot.