Cook1 hr 42 mins
Makes me smile just thinking about it.
Make and share this Chicken, Shrimp, and Sausage Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb andouille sausage, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 chicken thighs (I prefer skinless - 2 1/4 lbs.)
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 2 1⁄3 cups chopped green bell peppers
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped red bell peppers
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper
- In a large Dutch oven, saute sausage for about 4 minutes or until browned.
- Transfer sausage to a large bowl.
- Sprinkle chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to Dutch oven and saute until browned on each side.
- Transfer chicken to the bowl with the sausage.
- Discard all but 1 tablespoon of drippings.
- Add onions and peppers to Dutch oven; saute for 15 minutes or until soft and golden brown.
- Add garlic, oregano, thyme and paprika; saute for 2 minutes.
- Return sausage and chicken to Dutch oven.
- Add tomatoes with juice, chicken broth, and wine.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Uncover pot and simmer for 40 minutes or until chicken is very tender and liquid is reduced to desired consistency.
- Add shrimp and simmer about 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
I told my husband to get on this site and find something for us to make for dinner. This is what he came up with. WOW!!! What powerful and intense flavor. Your stew has a very hearty and savoury flavor that kept us coming back for more. Thank-you Nurse Di. This is going to be something we will make over and over again.
A friend made this recently and I loved it. I had to have the recipe. I made it yesterday and my dh loved it too. This is a keeper and a go-to. Enjoy!