1/1 Photo of Chicken, Shrimp, and Sausage Stew
2 hrs 22 mins
1 hr 42 mins
Makes me smile just thinking about it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb andouille sausage, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 chicken thighs (I prefer skinless - 2 1/4 lbs.)
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 2 1/3 cups chopped green bell peppers
- 1 1/4 cups chopped red bell peppers
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper
- 1In a large Dutch oven, saute sausage for about 4 minutes or until browned.
- 2Transfer sausage to a large bowl.
- 3Sprinkle chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- 4Add chicken to Dutch oven and saute until browned on each side.
- 5Transfer chicken to the bowl with the sausage.
- 6Discard all but 1 tablespoon of drippings.
- 7Add onions and peppers to Dutch oven; saute for 15 minutes or until soft and golden brown.
- 8Add garlic, oregano, thyme and paprika; saute for 2 minutes.
- 9Return sausage and chicken to Dutch oven.
- 10Add tomatoes with juice, chicken broth, and wine.
- 11Bring mixture to a boil.
- 12Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- 13Uncover pot and simmer for 40 minutes or until chicken is very tender and liquid is reduced to desired consistency.
- 14Add shrimp and simmer about 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 15Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken, Shrimp, and Sausage Stew
Serving Size: 1 (664 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 642.3
- Calories from Fat 331
- Total Fat 36.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 217.5 mg
- Sodium 1838.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 45.6 g