Cook1 hr 42 mins
Makes me smile just thinking about it.
Make and share this Chicken, Shrimp, and Sausage Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb andouille sausage, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 chicken thighs (I prefer skinless - 2 1/4 lbs.)
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 2 1⁄3 cups chopped green bell peppers
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped red bell peppers
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper
- In a large Dutch oven, saute sausage for about 4 minutes or until browned.
- Transfer sausage to a large bowl.
- Sprinkle chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to Dutch oven and saute until browned on each side.
- Transfer chicken to the bowl with the sausage.
- Discard all but 1 tablespoon of drippings.
- Add onions and peppers to Dutch oven; saute for 15 minutes or until soft and golden brown.
- Add garlic, oregano, thyme and paprika; saute for 2 minutes.
- Return sausage and chicken to Dutch oven.
- Add tomatoes with juice, chicken broth, and wine.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Uncover pot and simmer for 40 minutes or until chicken is very tender and liquid is reduced to desired consistency.
- Add shrimp and simmer about 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.