1/1 Photo of Chicken Sauce Piquant
1 hr 15 mins
Chef #1139754's Note:
I created this recipe with my mom one Sunday while we were craving one of our favorite (discontinued) dishes from Copeland's.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion (Chopped)
- 5 garlic cloves (Minced)
- 1 green pepper, Skinned, Seeded, Chopped (Roasted or Charred)
- 2 (12 ounce) cans tomatoes, whole and peeled (Drained, Seeded & Chopped at varying sizes)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (Finely Chopped)
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley (Roughly Chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano (Finely Chopped)
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- kosher salt
- crushed red pepper flakes
- Tony Chachere's Seasoning or other cajun seasoning or creole seasoning
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine
- freshly shredded parmesan cheese (recommended) (optional)
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- mccormick 1-step jambalaya chicken seasoning (or similar)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1Drain tomatoes, reserve the juice. Seed the tomatoes completely and chop into various sizes. Set aside.
- 2Roast bell pepper over open flame until fully charred. There will be some smoke. This CAN be done in a with a broiler, turn the pepper 90 degrees every 5 minutes. After charred, run under running water and rub off as much charred skin as possible. Remove the seeds and interior membrane, and dice the pepper. Set aside.
- 3In a very large skillet or saut√© pan, melt 1/2 stick of unsalted butter over medium high heat. Add 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil. When the butter is melted, add onion and a pinch of kosher salt. Reduce heat to medium. Sweat onion for about 5 minutes, then add garlic, continue to cook over medium heat for another 2 minutes. Add green bell pepper and another pinch of kosher salt. After a few minutes, add tomatoes and basil, parsley, oregano and red pepper flake.
- 4After 10 minutes, add 1/4 of the tomato juice and continue simmer until reduced. Add another 1/4 tomato juice and simmer until reduced. Add 1/4 cup white wine and deglaze (scrape) the bottom of the skillet.
- 5While the sauce is simmering, in another non-stick pan, heat 2 TBSP of vegetable oil. Season the chicken breasts liberally with Jambalaya Seasoning. Blacken chicken for about 5 minutes per side (or until fully cooked). Remove chicken from pan and allow to rest 10 minutes.
- 6After the sauce has reduced, add half of the remaining tomato juice, another pinch of salt, and 1 TSP of sugar. After reduction, add the remaining tomato juice and Tony Chachere's Seasoning to taste. Reduce heat to low.
- 7In a large pot, bring enough water for the fettucine to a boil. Add salt to the water (this is the only chance you have to season your pasta, take advantage!).
- 8Slice chicken into strips and add to sauce. Remove from heat.
- 9Drain fettucine in a collander, do not rinse. After fully drained and noodles to sauce and toss to coat.
- 10Sprinkle parmesan cheese to top. Serve with garlic bread, or crusty french bread. Enjoy.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Sauce Piquant
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 526.5
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 111.8 mg
- Sodium 68.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 24.1 g