1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This would be great to take to large gatherings as it makes a really big dish. Prep time includes boiling the chicken and cooling it. Serving size is approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 chicken, cut up
- 3/4 cup margarine
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 12 ounces vermicelli, cooked and drained
- 1 can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 can English pea
- 1 jar sliced mushrooms
- 1 jar white pearl onion, drained
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 cup Ritz cracker, crushed
- 1Boil and debone the chicken.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 4Melt margarine in a large skillet.
- 5Add the onions, peppers, and celery.
- 6Saute until onions are translucent.
- 7Add the tomatoes, peas, mushrooms, onions, and worcestershire sauce to the onion mixture.
- 8When this begins to simmer, add the deboned chicken, cooked vermicelli and cheese.
- 9Mix well.
- 10Pour in a lightly greased 9x13" casserole.
- 11Top with crackers.
- 12Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until casserole is bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Rotel
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 604.6
- Calories from Fat 341
- Total Fat 37.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 104.8 mg
- Sodium 1069.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 29.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white pearl onions