Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 10 mins
This would be great to take to large gatherings as it makes a really big dish. Prep time includes boiling the chicken and cooling it. Serving size is approximate.
- 1 chicken, cut up
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 12 ounces vermicelli, cooked and drained
- 1 can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 can English pea
- 1 jar sliced mushrooms
- 1 jar white pearl onion, drained
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 cup Ritz cracker, crushed
- Boil and debone the chicken.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt margarine in a large skillet.
- Add the onions, peppers, and celery.
- Saute until onions are translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, peas, mushrooms, onions, and worcestershire sauce to the onion mixture.
- When this begins to simmer, add the deboned chicken, cooked vermicelli and cheese.
- Mix well.
- Pour in a lightly greased 9x13" casserole.
- Top with crackers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until casserole is bubbly.