1/1 Photo of Chicken Livers With Rice
This was one of my Mom's favorite dishes. She made it at least every 2 weeks! I always tried to be around when she cooked this, because I loved it, but my kids would have had a fit if I made it for OUR supper!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix water with next 5 ingredients.
- 2Bring to a boil, add rice.
- 3Cover and simmer for 17 minutes, until water is absorbed.
- 4Mix flour, salt, pepper, and paprika in a bag.
- 5Add chicken livers and shake to coat.
- 6Heat oil in skillet on med hi.
- 7Brown livers, stirring for 5 minutes, or until done, may have to do this in batches.
- 8Add more oil if needed.
- 9Remove from skillet, keep warm.
- 10Stir fry onion in same skillet, with water for 2 minutes.
- 11Return chicken livers and mix well.
- 12Put rice on plate, top with chicken livers.
Browse Our Top Beef Organ Meats Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beef Organ Meats Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Livers With Rice
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.8
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 400.0 mg
- Sodium 541.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 23.5 g