1/1 Photo of Chicken Livers With Rice
This was one of my Mom's favorite dishes. She made it at least every 2 weeks! I always tried to be around when she cooked this, because I loved it, but my kids would have had a fit if I made it for OUR supper!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix water with next 5 ingredients.
- 2Bring to a boil, add rice.
- 3Cover and simmer for 17 minutes, until water is absorbed.
- 4Mix flour, salt, pepper, and paprika in a bag.
- 5Add chicken livers and shake to coat.
- 6Heat oil in skillet on med hi.
- 7Brown livers, stirring for 5 minutes, or until done, may have to do this in batches.
- 8Add more oil if needed.
- 9Remove from skillet, keep warm.
- 10Stir fry onion in same skillet, with water for 2 minutes.
- 11Return chicken livers and mix well.
- 12Put rice on plate, top with chicken livers.
Browse Our Top Beef Organ Meats Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Livers With Rice
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.8
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 400.0 mg
- Sodium 541.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 23.5 g