Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe on the back of a can of chicken gumbo soup can in the 60's. My 3 children love it ,and now make it for their kids. I serve it with mashed potatoes,& the gravy it makes is yummy on the potatoes. I'm sorry I don't remmber the prep time
- Dust chicken with flour and seasonings.
- In a large skillet brown chicken in margarine,tranfer chicken to a large pot.
- Pour soup over chicken.
- Mix ketchup& water,pour over chicken.
- Cover,bring to a simmer& simmer for 1 hour,or until chicken is tender.
- Stir a few times while cooking,to make sure chicken doesn't scorch.
I made this for my guys to come home to after a day of hunting. It was a huge hit! This was a very easy dish to make. I used a 4 lb chicken. The sauce it makes is heaven! I served this with salad and hot rolls. The guys requested a re-run. Thanks Dew Drops!!
Great! This was easy and very tasty! I ground up some garlic pepper for the season, along with a little salt. I too served it with/over mashed potatoes seasoned with the same garlic pepper. Thanks for a wonderful recipe which I am sure we will enjoy repeatedly.