1/1 Photo of Chicken Fried Steak and Gravy
This is sooooo good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs cube steaks
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1If needed, cut steaks into serving size pieces.
- 2Combine flour, salt, pepper, and garlic salt in a pie plate or shallow bowl, Combine eggs and milk in another shallow bowl.
- 3Dredge steaks in flour mixture, dip in egg mixture, and then dredge back in flour mixture.
- 4Lightly pound steaks.
- 5Heat about 1 inch of oil in a frying pan to medium heat (375 degrees).
- 6Fry steaks in hot oil until browned, turning once.
- 7Reserve 1/4 cup of pan drippings for gravy.
- 8For Gravy: In heated pan drippings, stir in 1/4 cup flour.
- 9Cook over medium heat until bubbly, stirring constantly.
- 10Gradually add milk and cook until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- 11Add salt and pepper.
- 12Serve steaks with a ladle of gravy.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Fried Steak and Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 667.6
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 263.3 mg
- Sodium 1088.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 60.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: