This is sooooo good!
Make and share this Chicken Fried Steak and Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- If needed, cut steaks into serving size pieces.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, and garlic salt in a pie plate or shallow bowl, Combine eggs and milk in another shallow bowl.
- Dredge steaks in flour mixture, dip in egg mixture, and then dredge back in flour mixture.
- Lightly pound steaks.
- Heat about 1 inch of oil in a frying pan to medium heat (375 degrees).
- Fry steaks in hot oil until browned, turning once.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of pan drippings for gravy.
- For Gravy: In heated pan drippings, stir in 1/4 cup flour.
- Cook over medium heat until bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add milk and cook until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Serve steaks with a ladle of gravy.
My daughter was wanting me to fix Chicken fried steak. I didn't have a recipe and I found this one. I was so good and easy to fix. My hubby doesn't like milk gravy so I added beef boulion to the gravy. It was yummy! Thanks Beckas
Nice chicken fried steak recipe. I made it as directed and loved how simple it was and how good it tasted. Thanks beckas. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Tag.
This is a nice chicken fried steak recipe; easy to follow and simple to make. I followed other reviewers and used buttermilk for the coating (since I already had it on hand for dh's corn bread, lol). I ended up adding more garlic and onion powder; it stilled seemed like it needed a little bit of something, but am not sure what. It went over well with dh and the kids, though; they were sorry there weren't seconds. Thanks so much for sharing! :o)