This is sooooo good!
Make and share this Chicken Fried Steak and Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- If needed, cut steaks into serving size pieces.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, and garlic salt in a pie plate or shallow bowl, Combine eggs and milk in another shallow bowl.
- Dredge steaks in flour mixture, dip in egg mixture, and then dredge back in flour mixture.
- Lightly pound steaks.
- Heat about 1 inch of oil in a frying pan to medium heat (375 degrees).
- Fry steaks in hot oil until browned, turning once.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of pan drippings for gravy.
- For Gravy: In heated pan drippings, stir in 1/4 cup flour.
- Cook over medium heat until bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add milk and cook until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Serve steaks with a ladle of gravy.