1/1 Photo of Chicken Fettuccine, Cajun Style
2 hrs 40 mins
Lavender Lynn's Note:
This recipe came out of the Oregonian from Portland, Oregon by Hall Street Bar & Grill in Beaverton. When I made this I left out the cayenne pepper in both places. It was too spicy for me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, left whole
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
Chicken Seasoning Mix
- 1To Prepare Sauce:.
- 2Heat butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- 3Add onion and whole garlic cloves and saute for 5 minutes.
- 4Remove whole garlic and stir in minced garlic, thyme, cayenne pepper, white pepper,.
- 5black pepper, and basil.
- 6Continue cooking until onions are dark brown but not burned, about 20 minutes.
- 7Stir in chicken stock, Worcestershire, and Tabasco sauces. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- 8Add tomato sauce and bring mixture to low boil.
- 9Stir in sugar and green onions. Simmer for 1 hour.
- 10Sauce can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to use.
- 11To prepare Chicken Seasoning Mix:.
- 12Thoroughly combine the kosher salt, white pepper, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper, cumin, and basil.
- 13To Finish:.
- 14Toss seasoning mix with chicken cubes until cubes are evenly coated. In medium saucepan, melt 1/2 C butter. Saute chicken over medium heat until done, about 10 minutes.
- 15Heat sauce and prepare fettuccine according to package directions.
- 16Drain cooked pasta. Stir chicken into sauce and continue heating until hot.
- 17Toss with cooked fettuccine. Serve immediately. Sprinkle each serving with grated parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Fettuccine, Cajun Style
Serving Size: 1 (521 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 875.2
- Calories from Fat 402
- Total Fat 44.7 g
- Saturated Fat 25.5 g
- Cholesterol 257.2 mg
- Sodium 1859.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 41.4 g