From Southern Living. This is a great way to use leftover chicken or turkey. I had this at a friend's house and it was a big hit!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups packed crumbled cornbread
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 3 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 1/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1Sauté celery and onion in hot oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender; set aside.
- 2Combine cornbread and poultry seasoning in a large bowl.
- 3Layer half of cornbread mixture on bottom of a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish.
- 4Combine onion mixture, chicken, and next 6 ingredients in a bowl. Spoon mixture evenly over top of cornbread mixture in dish.
- 5Top evenly with remaining half of cornbread mixture, and drizzle with butter.
- 6Bake, covered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- 7Remove from oven, and top with cheese.
- 8Bake, uncovered, 10 more minutes or until cheese is golden.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken & Cornbread Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.6
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 143.3 mg
- Sodium 360.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 28.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: