1/2 Photos of Chicken Cakes With Remoulade Sauce (Quick & Easy!)
This is a delicious and quick recipe using pre-cooked chicken. Great for a weeknight dinner. Use your own pre-cooked chicken, or buy a deli-roasted chicken...both yield about 3 cups of cooked chicken. Featured in Southern Living's 40 Years of Our Best Recipes cookbook as a "Quick & Easy" recipe. From some of the reviews, I think it isn't as quick and easy as they would like :).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 3 cups chicken, precooked and chopped
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons creole mustard, divided into 1 tbsp and 2 tbsp portions
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning, I prefer Tony Cachere's
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- green onion, sliced
- 1Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper, 4 sliced green onions, and 1 pressed garlic clove. Saute 3 to 4 minutes until tender.
- 2Stir together bell pepper mixture, chopped chicken, 1 cup soft breadcrumbs, 1 large beaten egg, 2 tbsp mayo, 1 tbsp creole mustard, and 1 tsp creole seasoning. Shape chicken mixture into 8 (3 1/2 inch) patties.
- 3Fry 4 patties in 2 tbsp hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Repeat process once until patties are done.
- 4Remoulade Sauce:.
- 5Stir together 1 cup mayo, 3 sliced green onions, 2 tbsp creole mustard, 2 pressed garlic cloves, 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, and 1/4 tsp ground red pepper. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- 6Serve chicken patties topped with remoulade sauce. Garnish with sliced green onions. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Cakes With Remoulade Sauce (Quick & Easy!)
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 501.3
- Calories from Fat 392
- Total Fat 43.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 85.3 mg
- Sodium 739.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: