Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Serve this with boiled small potatoes. Pol Martin Cookbook.
Make and share this Chicken Breasts With Sour Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth, heated
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- mix spices and herbs together. dust chicken breats in spice mixture and dredge with flour.
- heat butter in saute pan over med heat. add chicken and cook 3 minutes. season with salt and turn pieces over and cook another 3 minutes.
- add green onions to pan and cook 1 minute. pour in chicken broth and cook 6 minutes over low heat. do not cover.
- remove chicken breasts and set aside on hot serving platter.
- place saute pan over high heat and cook sauce for 3 minutes.
- dissolve cornstrach in 3 tablespoons cold water, stir into sauce. conitnue cooking 1 minute. remove pan from heat and let stand 2 minutes.
- stir in sour cream, mix.
- server sauce over chicken and potaotes.
I purchased the Pol Martin Cookbook about 15 years ago and this recipe has been one of the staples in our home ever since. It's DELICIOUS and very easy to make. I serve it with baked potatoes, along with a vegetable (usually a green salad), and rolls. Yum!!!