Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Serve this with boiled small potatoes. Pol Martin Cookbook.
Make and share this Chicken Breasts With Sour Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth, heated
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- mix spices and herbs together. dust chicken breats in spice mixture and dredge with flour.
- heat butter in saute pan over med heat. add chicken and cook 3 minutes. season with salt and turn pieces over and cook another 3 minutes.
- add green onions to pan and cook 1 minute. pour in chicken broth and cook 6 minutes over low heat. do not cover.
- remove chicken breasts and set aside on hot serving platter.
- place saute pan over high heat and cook sauce for 3 minutes.
- dissolve cornstrach in 3 tablespoons cold water, stir into sauce. conitnue cooking 1 minute. remove pan from heat and let stand 2 minutes.
- stir in sour cream, mix.
- server sauce over chicken and potaotes.
I purchased the Pol Martin Cookbook about 15 years ago and this recipe has been one of the staples in our home ever since. It's DELICIOUS and very easy to make. I serve it with baked potatoes, along with a vegetable (usually a green salad), and rolls. Yum!!!