Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe has been passed around so much between family and friends because everybody loves it! All comforting ingredients in a familiar dish, but with the added twist of the crunchy topping and almonds. This is my go-to dish when I need to take food to a family. I hope your family will enjoy it too!
- Cook chicken breast, cool and dice. Reserve stock.
- Cook rice according to package directions, using chicken stock in place of water.
- Sauté celery and onion.
- Combine chicken, rice, celery and onion. Add undiluted chicken soup and mayo.
- Put in 7 ½ x 11 inch baking dish. Mix melted butter and Special K. Sprinkle over top along with almonds.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Enjoy!