Lissa Sprenne's Note:
I had a bunch of leftover stuff I needed to use, so I threw this together, working off a rice casserole recipe I found. Note 1: For the frozen veggies, the 1 cup of each that's called for in the ingredient list is a rough guesstimate. I just tossed in veggies until it looked like there were enough. Note 2: I use a stoneware 13x9 pan, so I don't have to grease the casserole dish. You may want to if you're using glass or metal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Cook rice according to package directions.
- 3Chop onion into small bits.
- 4Slice chicken into strips.
- 5Sauté onions in skillet with some butter until they're translucent.
- 6Add chicken to onions and cook until chicken is done.
- 7After turning off the burner, put the veggies in the skillet to warm up while rice finishes cooking.
- 8Dump the rice, veggies, and chicken in a 13x9 pan.
- 9Add the sour cream, bleu cheese, cheddar, and cream of celery soup.
- 10Mix thoroughly.
- 11Put pan in oven for 30 minutes.
- 12Let stand for 5 or so minutes to set
- 13Let everyone salt and pepper their own portions to taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 682.7
- Calories from Fat 365
- Total Fat 40.6 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 103.8 mg
- Sodium 1005.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 31.7 g