Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I had a bunch of leftover stuff I needed to use, so I threw this together, working off a rice casserole recipe I found. Note 1: For the frozen veggies, the 1 cup of each that's called for in the ingredient list is a rough guesstimate. I just tossed in veggies until it looked like there were enough. Note 2: I use a stoneware 13x9 pan, so I don't have to grease the casserole dish. You may want to if you're using glass or metal.
- 1 sweet onion (med. to lg. size)
- 1 cup rice
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup frozen carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower
- 1 cup frozen broccoli
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup bleu cheese salad dressing
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Chop onion into small bits.
- Slice chicken into strips.
- Sauté onions in skillet with some butter until they're translucent.
- Add chicken to onions and cook until chicken is done.
- After turning off the burner, put the veggies in the skillet to warm up while rice finishes cooking.
- Dump the rice, veggies, and chicken in a 13x9 pan.
- Add the sour cream, bleu cheese, cheddar, and cream of celery soup.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Put pan in oven for 30 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 or so minutes to set
- Let everyone salt and pepper their own portions to taste.